TINSUKIATinsukia is a small town in the Indian state of Assam, the administrative headquarters of the Tinsukia district and the municipal board. It is also a major regional trading center of the state of Assam. It is located 486 km north-east of Assam's capital Guwahati and 84 km from the border of Arunachal Pradesh. Known as the commercial capital of Assam, the city is inhabited by Assamese and other languages, especially Hindi-speaking, Bengali, Nepali, and Sikh people. The city is taking the form of a modern city with the construction of many new malls and buildings.
|NEW TINSUKIA RAILWAY STATION|
GEOGRAPHICAL POSITION OF TINSUKIAThe city of Tinsukia is located at 24 ° 30 ' U 95 ° 22 ' P / / 26.5 ° N 95.37 ° P . The city is situated at an average elevation of 117 meters (360 ft).
HISTORY OF TINSUKIAIn ancient times Tinsukia was known as Bengmara and originally it was known as Changmai Pathar. It was the capital of the kingdom of Matka, which was founded by Swargadeva Sarvanand Singha. Swargadev Sarvanand Singha, also known as Mazara, was known as a qualified administrator. He adopted the name Sarvanand Singha after becoming king.
According to the instructions of Sarbananda Singha, his minister Gopinath Barbaruwa alias Godha Barbaruva built a pond in a triangular shape known as Tinconia Pukhuri. When the Dibru-Saadia railway line was laid in 18, a station was built near this pond which was called Tinsukia station. Later this city came to be known by the name of Tinsukia.
A large part of the present Dibrugarh and Tinsukia districts was identified as the "Bengmara country of the Momaria tribe" with its capital at Bengmara, according to a map prepared by Captain Hamilton Vecht in 1761. Bengmara later gained popularity under the name "Saumur ka Matak Desh". Swargadev Sarvanand Singha was the first king of Matka kingdom. The Singha established his capital at Rangagoda, situated on the banks of the Guhijan River. In 1891 AD he shifted his capital to Bengmara.
TRANSPORTATIONTinsukia is a city connected by air, national highway, and railway. It is 4 km by road from the state capital of Guwahati, Assam. The nearest airport is at Mohanbari, Dibrugarh, about 40 km from Tinsukia. From here, daily and weekly air travel is available to the capitals of Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata and North Eastern states.
The city of Tinsukia is very well connected by railway. It comes under the North Eastern Frontier Railway of Indian Railways. The city has two railway stations - New Tinsukia Junction and the other is Tinsukia Junction. Most of the trains depart from New Tinsukia station. New Tinsukia railway station runs many important trains like - Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express, Brahmaputra Mail, Kamrup Express, Kamakhya Express, Chennai Express, Ledo Inter City Express, etc.
The number 37 National Highway passes through Tinsukia and is connected to other National Highways like Number 37 National Highway and 52 Number National Highway. The number 37 connects National Highway Tinsukia to other cities of the state like Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Naugaon, Guwahati, etc. Deluxe settlements continue for these cities both day and night. Buses, private buses, wingers and small vehicles operated by the Assam State Transport Corporation ply regularly to Arunachal Pradesh and various places in the state. Auto rickshaws, trackers, rickshaws, etc. are the basic means of local transport.
DEMOGRAPHICSBased on the census of India in 2011, Tinsukia has a population of 1,25,218. Males constitute 55% of the population and females 75%. Tinsukia has an average literacy rate of 80.15%, higher than the national average of 6.8%. The male literacy rate is 6.79% and female literacy is 43.57%.
VISIT PLACES IN TINSUKIA
|RAILWAY HERITAGE PARK|
LIST OF HOTELS
- Hotel Highway, Near Railway Flyover, A.T. road
- Hotel Ballerina, Prakash Bazaar, A.T. road
- Hotel Center Point, Super Market, GNB road
- Hotel President, Near Railway Station
- Hotel Madras, Daily Bazaar, GNB road
- Hotel Ritz, Rangagada Road
- Hotel Royal Highness, GNB road
- Padmini Resort, Rangagada Road
- Hotel Aroma Residency, Rangagada Road
- Hotel East International, Chirwapatti
- Hotel Jyoti, Rangagada Road
- Hotel Mid Town, AT road
LIST OF HOSPITALS
- Popular Gopinath Bardalai Civil Hospital, Bardalainagar
- City Hospital & Research Center, GNB road
- Lifeline Hospital, GNB road
- Jeevan Jyoti Hospital, Parbatiya
- Aditya Hospital and Diagnosis, Rangagara Road
- Pinewood Hospital, Subchani Road
- Day's Nursing Home, Tamlubari
- Apollo Clinic, Rangagada Road
- Swastik Nursing Home
- Vishal Mega Mart
- Rangghar Complex
- Daily market
- ATC The mall
- TDA The plaza
LIST OF SCHOOLS
- Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya
- Senairam Higher Secondary School
- A New High School
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Academy
- Our ABC Academy, Bargudi Court
- St. Stephen's 'High School'
- Bhagwat Vidya Mandir High School
- Don Bosco High School
- Hindi English High School
- Holy Child Girls / Boys High School
- Babies Nursery School
- Buds Nursery School
- Budding Buds Senior Secondary School
- Hindustani School
- Pinewood School
- Bimala Prasad Chaliha Municipal School
- Adarsh Primary School
- Public girls school
- Sarvajanin Hindi Girls School
- Somarajyoti School
- Bengali Girls High School
- Railway High School
- Tinsukia Bangla Vidyalaya (HS)
- Bargudi High School
- Tinsukia English Academy
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Tinsukia Railway High School
LIST OF COLLEGES
- Tinsukia College
- Women's College
- GS Lohia Girls College
- Tinsukia Law College
- Tinsukia Commerce College
- CT College